Gear Trains Quiz - Thurs. 10/10
New on Quiz 2
- Gear Ratios
- Gear Ratio calculations and the relationship between gear trains, compound gears trains, belt/pulley systems, and sprocket/chain systems.
- The difference between gear ratio and mechanical advantage.
- Compound Machines
- Calculating MA for a compound machine.
- Calculating GR for a compound machine.
- Measuring the efficiency of a machine (GR or MA)
- Causes for loss of efficiency in a machine.
- Calculate the gear ratio for a basic gear train
- Calculate the gear ratio for a compound gear train
- Calculate the MA for a compound machine
- Gear train understanding
- Gear setup to maximize torque
- Gear setup to maximize rpm
- Benefits of chain and sprocket vs belt and pulley
- Ideal MA in a system calculations
- Number of simple machines in a compound machine
- ID the different types of simple machines
- Calculating work
- MA for each type of machine
- Compound pulley system
- Wedge ma
- GR calculations
- rotational directions of a gear train
- GR formula
Simple Machines Quiz #1 - Wed. 9/18
Energy and Work
- 6 steps of the design process
- What does it mean that the design process is iterative?
Energy and Work
- What is energy?
- Know an example
- Units of measurement
- What is work?
- Formula and measurement
- Units of measurement:
- What is a simple machine?
- 6 types
- What is the relationship between force and distance in how a simple machine works?
- What is mechanical advantage?
- Why is one the magic number?
- IMA vs AMA
- Know how to calculate AMA, IMA, and efficiency for each of the six simple machines.
- Lever – know the 3 types
- Inclined Plane – using the Pythagorean theorem
- Wheel and Axle
- Pulley – fixed vs movable